Monday, February 9, 2009

M.I.A. Performs on Her Due Date




I am pretty sure that this is a first for the Grammys telecast's 51 years of the Grammy awards.

M.I.A. was scheduled to give birth to her first child yesterday, February 8, 2009, the same night as the 51st Annual Grammy Awards. M.I.A. was nominated for 'Record of the Year' for her single, "Paper Planes" and was even scheduled to perform.

M.I.A. did in fact make it to the award show and even performed live on stage, knowing she could pop any minute. Just about the half way point of the 3 and a half hour show M.I.A. was introduced and started the first verse of her mega-hit "Paper Planes." When it got to the sentence "No one on the corner has swagga like us," she stopped and Jay-Z, T.I., Lil Wayne and Kanye West all came out and performed their single "Swagga Like Us," which samples the "Paper Planes" sentence.

It was a great performance, to see all four of the biggest rappers in the US perform side by side with M.I.A. singing the chorus while being extremely pregnant, showed both her determination and her craziness.


No comments: