Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Erykah 2 Release 2 More Videos


Erykah Badu was to release part 2 of her "New Amerykah" series this past week but the album got pushed back because of two reasons: first, she just gave birth to her third child and second, she wants to release two more singles from "New Amerykah Part 1: 4th World War."

On her official myspace page she wrote a blog saying she wanted her fans to help her choose their two favourite tracks from part 1 and they will be released. The release includes two music videos for the tracks. Many fans have asked her to release "The Healer," "Soldier" and "Me."

I think she should do what Missy Elliott does, put two tracks into one video. First would be "The Healer/Soldier" and the second video would be "Me/My People." The entire album is flawless and I would be happy with any new music videos from Ms. Erykah but those four are the standout tracks from Part 1.

Let's hope she does what I said. I am so glad she changed her mind and wants to keep Part 1 going for a little while because the album is brilliant and one of my favourites of 2008 and in my Top 20 of my life!

No comments: