Friday, October 9, 2009

Mariah 2 Re-release "Memoirs" as Remixes


Mariah Carey's 12th studio album, "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" has been on sale for less than two weeks but because of lackluster sales and the fact it debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200, it will be re-released.

"Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" is set to be re-released later this year, most likely in time for Christmas sales. The difference between this re-release and many others will be the remix album.

Christopher "Tricky" Stewart revealed to Rap-Up magazine that there will be a 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel' remix album, which will feature remixes of every song on the album. It has been revealed that the official remix for "Obsessed" which featues Gucci Mane, will be on the album. Stewart revealed some info about the remix for "I Want To Know What Love Is" "I'm gonna do a remix to ‘I Want to Know What Love Is’ myself. I’mma raise the tempo up. I’mma try to make it into something else”. “Once I get the beat and if it calls for the right person, I can get anybody on the phone I want to right now, so I will be using my Rolodex for that".

One of the featured artists on the new project will be Trey Songz. Trey told Rap-Up.com that he recorded a remix to one of Memoirs’ cuts in September: “Mariah Carey, I believe she’s doing a remix album and I’m on a record entitled ‘Inseparable".

The official remix for "H.A.T.E.U", produced by Jermaine Dupri, will also appear on the album. It features Big Boi of Outkast, Gucci Mane, and OJ Da Juiceman. The remix will features new, re-recorded vocals by Carey, which used to be traditional to her remixes, but has not occurred since 2006's Desert Storm Mix to "Don't Forget About Us".

I will post the official track listing once it is released.

No comments: