Friday, October 9, 2009

GaGa Ready 2 Release The "Monster"



Lady GaGa is set to re-release her debut smash album, "The Fame" on November 24, 2009.

The re-release of the album will now be titled "The Fame: Monster" which will feature eight new recordings, including the new single, "Bad Romance." Most re-releases only have one - two new tracks but GaGa is going all out with eight!

"I wrote about everything I didn't write on The Fame," Gaga said in the release. "While traveling the world for two years, I've encountered several monsters, each represented by a different song on the new record: my 'Fear of Sex Monster,' my 'Fear of Alcohol Monster,' my 'Fear of Love Monster,' my 'Fear of Death Monster,' my 'Fear of Loneliness Monster,' etc." She did not further specify the exact titles of the new songs, except for "Bad Romance" and one called "Speechless."

GaGa, who spent much of the summer promoting her album, found inspiration while on the road.

"I spent a lot of nights in Eastern Europe, and this album is a pop experimentation with industrial/Goth beats, '90s dance melodies, an obsession with the lyrical genius of '80s melancholic pop and the runway," she said in the release. "I wrote while watching muted fashion shows and I am compelled to say my music was scored for them."

She also noted that "Speechless" is dedicated to her father; judging by her description, it's also one of the songs she briefly played during the medley on "SNL."

"I also composed a ballad for the album, 'Speechless,' a song for my father, and it's my favorite work of all," she said in the release. "I wrote every piece on the road — no songs about money, no songs about fame. I wrote it for my fans, so I wrote everything in between."

Here I present you with the album covers for the re-release. There are two covers, one for the standard edition, and the other for the deluxe edition which is rumoured to have a DVD.

I will post the official track listing for "The Fame: Monster" when it becomes available.

No comments: