Sunday, June 15, 2008

M.I.A. Cancels Tour; Instead Makes 3rd Album


M.I.A. has decided to cancel her remaining tour which was supposed to finish off in Europe in August 2008.

I was lucky enough to see her twice in Toronto; first time in October and the second time, two weeks ago in June.

"I'm canceling because I feel like physically I just have to stop for a second. It's too insane," M.I.A. told NYMag.com. "I was losing a sense of just, like, reality, you know what I mean? I think for an artist like me, it's so important for me to be in the streets and go to the same shop every day and see the same people and, like, communicate. And it's really difficult to do that when you're in the city every day for 24 hours. Like, I love connecting with my band, but I want to actually help them and be a part of peoples' lives. Which is really hard when you're on tour...It takes a lot out of you, physically. I make club music, which means I'm clubbing every night for, like, six months. Know what I mean? So now and again you finally just want to be gardening and get your nails done or something like that."

In much better news, M.I.A. has confirmed that she indeed working on her third LP, the follow up to the superb 'Kala' which came out on August 26, 2007.

"I've been writing on tour. I'm really into writing new songs. I'm going to put out a new record instead [of touring]. At the end of the day, I'm here, you know."

I am soooo excited! I cannot wait for the new album, 'Arular' and 'Kala' have both been extraordinary!!! M.I.A. can only get better!

There is still time if M.I.A./XL Recordings/Interscope wanted to release one more single from the album. So far there have been three official singles and one promotional single. Here is the list:

01 - Bird Flu - February 2007 - Promotional Single
02 - Boyz - May 2007 - Official Single
03 - Jimmy - October 2007 - Official Single
04 - Paper Planes - March 2008 - Official Single

There are many amazing songs that could be released as the 4th official single including:

- Bamboo Banga
- Hussel
- World Town
- $20

Any of those choices would be truly exceptional!

No comments: