Friday, March 15, 2013

Azealia Banks Is 'Yung Rapunxel'

Azealia Banks released her lead single from her upcoming debut album, 'Broke With Expensive Taste.'

The lead single, 'Yung Rapunxel' was released this past week to Soundcloud for free. She shot the music video for the track back in February and it will be released later this month. It will be sent to digital outlets next week. 

The new single is a total smash and one-of-a-kind track. The last time I heard something so completely original was when I heard M.I.A.'s track 'Teqkilla' and Santigold's 'Creator.' Its classified as Hip House which is a mashup of the hip hop and house music genres. It's another banger just like her past two singles, '212' and 'Liquorice.'

I have high hopes for 'Broke With Expensive Taste' and I don't think I'll be disappointed after this lead single and her mixtape, 'Fantasea' and EP, '1991.'

No comments: