Wednesday, July 16, 2008

2 More Pee-Wee Films On The Way


Paul Reubens has written his third and fourth scripted movie based on his most famous character 'Pee-Wee Herman'. The third film is entitled 'Pee-Wee's Playhouse: The Movie' which will be released in 2009, 19 years after 'Big Top Pee-Wee'.

The first Pee-Wee film was the directorial debut of Tim Burton and was entitled 'Pee-Wee's Big Adventure' and was released in 1985. The second Pee-Wee film was 'Big Top Pee-Wee' and was released in 1988.

'Pee-Wee's Playhouse: The Movie' was greenlighted by Paramount Pictures. Paul Reubens has written two different scripts based on Pee-Wee including the 'Playhouse' one which will be released first, and a much more adult oriented Pee-Wee for adults for a later release.

Time Magazine asked Paul Reubens: Will you ever be Pee-wee again?

Ruebens responded with: "Yes I'm going to make two more Pee-wee movies. I never said I wasn't going to bring him back. One movie that will start production early next year [back in 2006] is a film version of Pee-wee's Playhouse. In the TV series Pee-wee almost never left the Playhouse. The movie script is just the opposite. This is a road picture, an epic adventure story where all of the characters leave the Playhouse when one of them disappears."

I am so excited about this film, I have loved Pee-Wee Herman ever since the first film and the television series. I even had the Pee-Wee Herman talking doll at one time but it didn't work properly, so my parents brought it back to the store and they were recalled and I've never see it again, only on eBay.

I think I may want that for my birthday, it is coming up on the 30th of this month!

No comments: