Thursday, November 3, 2011

'Pan Am' Receives More Scripts

'Pan Am' begain its debut season with a 13 episode order. ABC has now ordered five additional scripts to be written for the show bringing it up to 18.

ABC might be showing some faith in 'Pan Am' considering its currently their lowest rated drama on the network. 'Charlie's Angels' was the lowest until its cancellation two weeks ago. The series started off strong with over 11 million viewers but over the last six weeks has dropped all the way to five million.

I am quite happy with the decision to order more scripts. It's not an official full season pick up but at least the writers can write five additional episodes. If I were the writers I would still produce the 13th episode as its last just in regards to the ratings and viewership. If by chance the ratings start to climb than I see the additional five episodes written and shown, but I would than make the 18th episode the series finale. I don't see it being renewed for a second season. 



No comments: