Friday, October 31, 2008

Christina Already Prepared 4 Next Album


Beyond marking Christina Aguilera's first decade in the business, the November 11, 2008 "Keeps Getting Better: A Decade of Hits" serves as a sneak preview for the artist's next RCA studio album.

Aguilera tells Billboard the as-yet-untitled set will arrive in summer 2009 and will be mostly produced by Linda Perry.

"With my last album, I had music that was very '20s, '30s and '40s, and was very detailed and part of a very specific genre and sound," she says. "But with this new album, I wanted to go in a completely opposite direction-a very futuristic, robotic sound and computer-sounding vocals. I'm experimenting with my voice in ways I've never done before, almost like a technical, computer-generated sound, which is different for me because I'm the type of vocalist that just belts. I'm always inspired by new things because I get bored."

"The album is very pop and very upbeat, and it's inspired by [Andy] Warhol and the late-'60s scene," says RCA senior VP of marketing Scott Seviour, who adds that Aguilera has been in the studio as often as she can, considering she became a mother in January. "Once you hear the new material you'll have a very clear idea what the direction of it is."

Produced by Perry, the new and remixed tracks all feature "futuristic sounds with beats driven more toward dance music," Aguilera says. "This time around, I'm playing with this superhero element based on the fact that fans have grown up with me since I was 17 and have continually supported my changes throughout the years."

No comments: