Friday, January 15, 2010

M.I.A. 2 Release Third Album This Spring


M.I.A. is almost ready to release her highly-anticipated as-yet-untitled third album this Spring.


She is currently in the studio putting the finishing touches on the follow up to 2007's "Kala" describing it as "really odd" and "more musical" the her previous release. 


"I wanted it to be like, no gimmicks," she declared. "It’s my third album and I have to kind of confront whether I am a musician or not… I wanted to make something that you could play that isn’t like trendy just for three months, or the length of a DJ’s attention span."

M.I.A. added that she worked on the album with DJ Blaqstarr, as well as longtime collaborators Diplo and Switch. Also she released three track titles that will be featured on the album: "Space Odyssey," "I'm Down Like Your Internet Connection" and "I Fight The Ones That Fight Me." 



“I just stopped singing on the last one because I put more emphasis into production, so I was more about making beats and sang less on my last album. I definitely needed to come to music on this album, to make music. I don't want it to be gimmicky or silly or hipstery. I just want to be real, whatever that is. Even if my songs are shit, and if I have flaws and if I'm confused, if I offend people or if I don't offend people.”

No comments: