Friday, October 3, 2008

Beyonce Eyeing 2009 World Tour


Beyonce is blocking off time for a 2009 tour in support of her upcoming third solo album, due November 18, 2008 via Music World/Columbia. Beyonce will play international dates next spring, followed by a North American tour in early summer.

The as-yet-untitled new album will be preceded by two singles: "If I Were a Boy" and "Single Ladies," which hit U.S. radio October 14, 2009. Videos for both songs were directed by Jake Nava and will begin airing later this month.

Also in the works is a Beyonce AOL Sessions and a deluxe edition of the album, also due November 18, 2009, featuring as-yet-unannounced bonus tracks.

"I have worked on this album for close to one year," Beyonce says on her Web site. "It is the most time I have spent on any project since my first records as a member of Destiny's Child when I was 15 years old. I have recorded over 70 songs and have created a sound that reveals all of me."

No comments: